Belarus Visa-Free: Now For 30 Days
Official Website of the Republic of Belarus
Year of Native Land in Belarus
News
Belarus Events Calendar
Belarus’ Top Tourist Sites
UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Belarus
Belarusian sanatoria and health resorts
Souvenirs from Belarus
| Home | News | Press releases

Press releases

2 Nov 2017

Belarusian State University gets copies of its first newspapers

MINSK, 2 November (BelTA) – The copies of the first newspapers of the Belarusian State University (BSU) were donated to the Fundamental Library of the university. The collection of the digital copies of the 1920s-1930s was provided by the Russian National Library (St Petersburg) and placed at the electronic library of the Belarusian State University, BelTA learned from the press service of the university.

The BSU original newspapers of the 1920s-1930s were all almost lost during the Great Patriotic War. Some copies survived to the present day at the library of St Petersburg.

The fund of the university got copies of 81 newspapers. The collection is based on the copies of the first university large-circulation newspaper Leninski Shlyakh, which first issued on 27 November 1929, and also the newspaper Za Leninskiya Kadry. These are the publications which later transformed into the BSU newspaper University.

The BSU new newspapers contain the statement of first BSU Rector Vladimir Picheta, the poem of well-known Belarusian prose writer, critic and playwright Adam Babareka and Kuzma Chyorny’s little-known feuilleton. The newspapers also have information on the opening of new educational premises, dormitories, departments, faculties, laboratories, libraries, museums and hobby groups. They also contain a lot of photos, including portraits of teachers and students, photo galleries from university classes and events.

First published in 1929, the BSU newspaper University is one of Belarus’ oldest periodicals.

 

Archive
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
Great Patriotic War monuments in Belarus
Partisan Chronicles