Belarus Visa-Free: Now For 30 Days
Official Website of the Republic of Belarus
Belarus Events Calendar
Belarus’ Top Tourist Sites
UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Belarus
Belarusian sanatoria and health resorts
Souvenirs from Belarus
| Home | News | Second European Games in Belarus

Second European Games in Belarus

9 Jul 2019

Nearly 100t of food served in main dining hall during Minsk European Games

Nearly 100t of food served in main dining hall during Minsk European Games

MINSK, 9 July (BelTA) - Nearly 100 tonnes of food was served in the main dining hall of the Athletes Village during the 2nd European Games in Minsk. Local produce was featured heavily in the catering program, Yulia Kravchenko, head of catering at the Minsk European Games Organizing Committee, told the media, BelTA has learned.

“During the period from 15 June to 2 July we served 43,661 portions. The main dining hall at the Athletes Village consumed 99,364kg of food. Some 72% of the total amount were semi-finished products (in-house production). The remaining 28% were made out-of-house. About 56,000 liters of drinks were consumed. We calculated how much food one athlete consumed. Our provisional figure was about 3.5kg per one athlete,” Yulia Kravchenko noted.

Dairy products accounted for 11%, the biggest share of the catering prorgam. Dishes from vegetables accounted for approximately 9%, fruits for 8.5%, pasta for 8% (one of the most popular dishes among athletes), vegetables 7.5%, dishes from meat 4%, and pizza for 3.5%.

Some 85% of athletes showed up for breakfast, 70% for lunch and 90% for dinners. The catering program also provided for evening entertainment: animation, cooking shows themed around a specific event, live music and happy birthday greetings to athletes.

“Sourcing about 97% of local products was our biggest achievement. If we compare the statistics in other countries as they hosted such large-scale events, the share reached 60% at the most. For two years we worked to certify Belarusian vendors who received quality certificates of international standards,” Yulia Kravchenko noted.

The dining hall at the Athletes Village was designed for 2,000 seats. The daily menu featured more than 250 dishes of European, Russian, Italian, Asian cuisine. There were halal and kosher stations. Two 24/7 lounge zones offered salads, sandwiches, fresh fruit juices, pastry and confectionery, water and other drinks

There was a Belarusian national cuisine station, designed for 130 seats.


Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
Great Patriotic War monuments in Belarus
Partisan Chronicles