VI Belarusian People's Congress
Official Website of the Republic of Belarus
Belarus Events Calendar
Belarus’ Top Tourist Sites
UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Belarus
Belarusian sanatoria and health resorts
Souvenirs from Belarus
| Home | Business | Business news

Business news

16 Jul 2019

Enterprise to assemble Belarusian lifts opens near St Petersburg

Enterprise to assemble Belarusian lifts opens near St Petersburg

ST PETERSBURG, 16 July (BelTA) – The Belarusian-Russian enterprise to assemble Mogilev-made lifts MLM Nevsky Lift was opened in the Russian city of Kolpino on 16 July, BelTA has learned.

The Belarusian lift manufacturer Mogilevliftmash has been shipping products to St Petersburg and Leningrad Oblast for a long time already. This is why the decision to set up an assembly enterprise in the region was not accidental. Kolpino was chosen as the site for the enterprise because Mogilev and Kolpino District had been twinned.

During the opening ceremony Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Belarus to Russia Vladimir Semashko pointed out that Belarus and Russia are connected not only by trade relations but profound manufacturing cooperation ties. “In relations with Russia we have another element: we should pursue a common technical and industrial policy, we should establish manufacturing cooperation links. It is the second enterprise of the kind we’ve opened over the course of one year. We opened a similar enterprise in Moscow virtually two months ago together with Vozduhotehnika Company. That enterprise matches localization rate requirements of the Russian government,” the diplomat noted.

The enterprise near St Petersburg was officially registered in early 2015. Since then it has been selling and installing Belarusian lifts. It set up its own manufacturing division only recently.

According to Director General of MLM Nevsky Lift Oleg Koptyayev, the manufacturing process the enterprise will use will include assembly operations and some metal cutting and metal working operations. “We are now getting down to the certification of an innovative series of our own lifts. It will be a modern lift with digital technologies,” the CEO noted.

The enterprise has been established within the framework of the program on cooperation between the governments of Belarus and St Petersburg. The Belarusian lift manufacturer Mogilevliftmash owns 50.75% of the new enterprise’s stock while the rest (49.25%) belongs to MLM Neva Trade Company.

About $800,000 has been invested in setting up the enterprise by the two founding companies in proportion to their stakes in the new company’s charter capital. In line with the dealership agreement the St Petersburg-based company has exclusive rights to sell Mogilevliftmash products in Russia’s Northwestern Federal District.

The assembly lines are supposed to become fully operational in Q3 2019. The localization rate will be 30% while the output capacity will be 1,000 lifts per annum. Plans have been made to double the figure in the future.

The lifts to be assembled in Kolpino will be used as part of commercial buildings, industrial buildings, and residential ones. They will be used as part of new construction and major overhaul programs. The current demand for lifts in St Petersburg and Leningrad Oblast is estimated at 3,500 per annum.

Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
Great Patriotic War monuments in Belarus
6th Belarusian People's Congress