Belarus Visa-Free: Now For 30 Days
Official Website of the Republic of Belarus
Year of Native Land in Belarus
Business
Belarus Events Calendar
Belarus’ Top Tourist Sites
UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Belarus
Belarusian sanatoria and health resorts
Souvenirs from Belarus
| Home | Business | Business news

Business news

13 Jun 2019

A1 Telekom Austria Group eager to expand cooperation with Belarus

A1 Telekom Austria Group eager to expand cooperation with Belarus

MINSK, 13 June (BelTA) – The Austrian concern A1 Telekom Austria Group is interested in bolstering cooperation with Belarus and has prepared its own proposals on developing communications industry and information and communications technologies. The concern’s Chief Executive Officer Thomas Arnoldner made the relevant statement as he met with First Deputy Prime Minister of Belarus Aleksandr Turchin in the Council of Ministers on 13 June, BelTA has learned.

The Belarusian telecommunications company velcom is a daughter enterprise of the Austrian concern. Thomas Arnoldner talked about the main areas of work of A1 Telekom Austria Group and plans to further expand business. He mentioned the importance of the Belarusian market for the concern and its appeal. “As we work here, we see how the country develops as a whole and how information and communications technologies develop, how our experience can be used,” Thomas Arnoldner said.

Aleksandr Turchin stressed that Belarus is satisfied with cooperation with the concern. Velcom Company shows good results. “I am ready to hear out proposals regarding the development of the company in our country. We will exchange opinions and will make the final decision on the discussed matters if we can,” he remarked.

A1 Telekom Austria Group is one of the largest providers of telecommunications services in Central and Eastern Europe. In 2007 A1 Telekom Austria Group bought 70% of the shares in the Belarusian mobile carrier velcom and the other 30% in 2010. As of 1 January 2019 velcom had about 4.9 million subscribers.

Archive
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
Great Patriotic War monuments in Belarus
Partisan Chronicles